Technology on the roar; The computer science society has always set itself for greater goals to reach out to unexplored avenues.
The full fledge Computer Department aims to impart high quality education and knowledge in the field of Information technology to the students. The Department has two laboratories equipped with computing facilities to support the teaching and learning activities. The department plays a major role in helping other areas of academia and society to integrate advances in Information Technology into their endeavors.
Looking internally, the development of our department lies with our faculty and staff. They apply their considerable expertise and energy to advance discovery, learning, and engagement activities. The Computer Society is the most active Society of the School. The activities of the department are diversified over learning GIMP, Adobe Illustrator, MX-Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Dreamweaver, Corel Draw and After Effects. The Inter House competitions are varied over participations in Power Point Presentation, Brochure Designing, Poster Making, Cartooning, Web Page Designing, E-Collage, Ad-Designing, Photo editing and Composite video making.
Computer Department has moved forward gradually. New technologies have been adopted steadily.
3. The internet connection has been upgraded to 10 mbps pure LeasedLine on fiber from MTS, which will allow the School to scale up the connection in future if required.
4. Every classroom has been installed with state of art smartboard from Smart Systems which in turn connected a computer system. This helps the teachers and students in teaching/learning through the various teaching/learning softwares run from Servers/Internet in a very interactive way. Various educational resource materials are available for the students and staff.
5. The local intranet facility “Mstar” is an ERP Solution that was developed by the School in partnership with MGRM, a US based company with head quarter in New Delhi. All departments are computerized through Mstar.
6. The School Website has been redesigned & regularly updated by the students. Parent Portal has been added in the new website through which parents will have online access to the information about their wards. New Alumni section has been created where the old girls can join the forum and keep everybody updated about them. New website MCGSMUN was also launched last year.
7. The 2 Resource Centers are provided for the staff and students separately for projects, preparation of Debates and Quizzes and for making presentations on the topics given. Students are allowed to access their mails and use Internet facility to apply for various colleges in India and abroad and for SAT preparations under the supervision of the faculty in the department.
8. Computer graphics have come long way ahead in terms of technology and creativity. The development of computer graphics has made computers easier to interact with, and better for understanding and interpreting many types of data. Offered as an activity to the students of classes IX, X, XI and XII, the students learn basic concepts, develop skills, and use techniques for:
By giving our students a wide exposure of latest technology we can proudly say that our students are doing very well and have acquired good jobs.
9. Campus is equipped with Wifi and uninterruptable power and internet access 24x7 with proper access control and monitoring.