Job Title: Special Educator
Reports to: Principal/Vice Principal
Job Profile: Special educator epithetical to the needs of specially abled students, supporting pastoral care, sports and supervisory responsibilities in a leading girls’ residential school.
Brief of Duties and responsibilities
- To teach and mentor specially abled students, in small groups, and one-on-one.
- To Identify and assess needs (emotional, physical, social or intellectual needs) of assigned students through formal and informal assessments.
- Set learning goals for each student, assess their progress, and record their evaluations.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student (Collaborate with Students, Parents, Director Academics and other members of Staff to develop IEP)
- Review the progress of IEPs after every 3 months and make modification according to the progress of students (Update IEPs throughout the year to reflect students’ progress and goals)
- Modify and adapt conventional educational programs and curriculum to meet the requirements of differently abled students.
- Plan activities that are specific to each student’s abilities, use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment to facilitate learning and understanding among students assigned.
- Monitor, evaluate and document and communicate about each student’s (with special needs) progress with concerned teachers, house master, resident dame, counsellors and school authorities
- Attending Class meetings with the Class Teachers and Subject teachers.
- To be available in the classroom when required to assist the children with special needs.
- Help teachers in modifying assignments according to the needs of the children.
- Conducting sessions and workshops for the staff to sensitize them about children with special needs and guiding them with strategies and methodologies for teaching-learning.
- Organizing and actively participating in extracurricular activities of school.
- Accountable to all official duties and pastoral care responsibilities assigned by authorities from time to time.
Educational: Post Graduate/ Graduate in Any discipline with 1st Division.
Bachelor of Education (B Ed.) in Special Education (Specialization in HI/ VI/MR/LD)
Preferred Advanced Course- M Ed. in Special Education /M Phil. Special Education
Work Experience: Min 3 years as special educator, preferably in a boarding school.
Personal Traits Required
- Person easily adaptable to boarding environment.
- Professional, Proactive and Self-initiator.
- Excellent interpersonal skill.
- Person keen on striving career excellence.
- Expressive with good communication skills.
Selection Process: Written Examination, Subject Demo & Personal Interview.