- There are no local guardians for girls, but parents are requested to mention the name and address of a close relative/responsible person who could be contacted in case of an emergency. No outing is permitted with local guardians.
- No cash, tuck or valuables are allowed in School. This is a rule which must be strictly adhered to. Valuables will not be the responsibility of the School. Any balance of Journey money should be handed over immediately (at the beginning of the term) to the Housemistress to be returned to the girl at the end of term.
- No cell phones are permitted in School and any girl caught with this is liable to be suspended.
- No girl is permitted to make a call from any parent’s mobile. Electronic items with visual display are not permitted e.g. iPod, mp3, mp4 and handy cams. Expensive digital cameras and Internet enabled devices are not permitted.
Uniform must be adhered to strictly.
- All tic-tac pins, hair bands, ponytail bands must be black.
- In winter girls may, if they wish, wear extra clothing under their uniforms so that it is not visible. Any item of improper uniform will be confiscated for the rest of the term.
- Winter: Grey slacks (Trousers), white blouse and Blazer
- Spring: Grey skirt and blouse (for classes IV to VI), Salwar Kameez with Dupatta for classes VII upwards.
School uniform should be ordered from school stores only.
- On working days the following minimal jewellery is permitted :
- Small studs/small balis to be worn in the ear lobes only. No large earrings or dangling earrings are permitted.
- A single thin kada for Sikh girls only.
- No gold or silver chains are to be worn by the students. If a stone is to be worn for religious reasons, a girl must string it on a strong thread and wear it under the uniform.
- No finger rings or bangles are permitted.
Any lapse will be punishable by confiscation of that item for the rest of the term.
- Girls must either plait their hair or wear it in a ponytail. No perming, dyeing, coloring is permitted.
- On Sundays and holidays, home clothes and costume jewellery may be worn, provided the girl is not going out.
- On Sundays, holidays and the end of term function, classes IV to VI can wear jeans, shirt/T shirt or dresses. Classes VII upwards will wear home Salwar Kameez with Dupatta.
- Girls are advised to bring not more than two or three sets of home clothes for use on Sundays and holidays. No undue ostentation is encouraged in school.
- Girls are permitted a day outing on
- The SECOND or FOURTH SUNDAY in the month except January and April, July and November.
- In January they are permitted a day outing on 26th January.
- On holidays mentioned on the School calendar
- TIMINGS FOR OUTING – 10:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
- Girls may go out with parents, grandparents or close relatives authorized by the parents. These names would have to be put down in the Visitors’ List at the beginning of the term.
- Parents, Grand Parents and close relatives authorized by parents in writing who wish to take their wards out, are required to inform the Housemistress by letter or e-mail at least 24 hours in advance.
- They must always come in person to collect their wards from the school and bring them back to School and hand over their wards to the Housemistress at the end of their outing. Girls are not allowed to leave the campus or report to school without an escort. Any girl doing so will be deemed to have broken School rules and is liable to be suspended.
7 NIGHTS OUT
NIGHTS-OUT in a term are permitted only with parents or grandparents.
- Saturdays are full working days. However, a girl going out for a night outing will be permitted to leave only after the Class. provided her presence is not required for a school event or an extra class
- Parents/grandparents can take their wards for a lunch outing to celebrate her birthday on that day. The duration of this outing would be:
- 30 p.m to 5.00 p.m for classes VIII upwards
- 00 p.m to 5.30 p.m for classes IV to VII
- Any special leave availed of by a student may be adjusted against her regular outings for the term. This shall be done after a study of the case concerned.
NOTE: Any girl going out or reporting back to School must be in correct School uniform.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE
- The Principal reserves the right to withhold permission for an outing with any person, even though authorized by parents, if she feels necessary to do so in the interest of the girl and/or school.
- Close relatives would mean the immediate family, grandparents and real aunts and uncle and first cousins.
- Parents and grandparents are requested to ensure that girls do not move about in town unescorted on outing days.
- Minor/School going/College going brothers or sisters will not be allowed to take girls out.
- Only visitors who are close relatives (immediate family) and who have been authorized by parents(in writing via letters or e-mail), are allowed to meet their wards on the second or fourth Sunday of the month and on holidays mentioned on the school calendar. A telephonic message will not be accepted. Visitors are requested not to linger beyond the stipulated time thereby making it necessary for staff on duty to have to request them to leave.
- Visitors are requested to meet the Housemistress before meeting their wards. No visitors are allowed to meet any girl without permission of her Housemistress
- 10:00 am to 12:00 noon
- 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm
- 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm is rest hour. No one will be allowed to meet their wards at this time.
- Sisters may meet their brothers studying in Mayo College between 11:00 am and 12 noon on the second and last Sunday of the month and on holidays mentioned on the School calendar. The brothers will come over to the girls’ School for the purpose.
Leave during the term is sanctioned for not more than 2 – 3 days only for the following reasons:
- Marriage of real brothers and sisters. It is essential to attach the invitation card with the application forwarded to the Principal for leave prior to the date.
- Orthodontic treatment/routine medical checkup not more than once in a term. An appointment card from the orthodontist/ doctor must be attached with the application.
- A medical checkup referred by the school doctor.
NOTE: Disturbing studies during term must be kept to the minimum.
- MID-TERM EDUCATIONAL TOURS
On completion or before commencement of their Final Examinations, the children are sent on a mid-term educational tour. It is compulsory for all children to go on this tour.
(a) Girls are provided with 60 minutes of talk-time per month through a Telecom Card to communicate with their families.
(b) Parents living abroad may ring up their wards on Fridays between 8.30 pm and 10.30 pm.
The School takes a serious note of bullying which is punishable by suspension. The School has a zero tolerance policy towards alcohol/drugs/cigarette smoking. Any student found guilty of possession and/or consumption of these items will be expelled from the School. Punishments are given after an investigation by the disciplinary committee.
- RULES & REGULATIONS
Students are expected to abide by all school rules and regulations and conduct themselves in a befitting manner.
In order to ensure swift and effective communication between the parents and the School, we have a system of e-mailing by which you can establish direct contact with the staff member concerned and be assured of a quick response. The list of the School Staff and their E-mail IDs are listed in Staff Section of the website.