Considering the accessibility to gadgets and internet among the youth, it is the need of the hour to inform them about the negative side of internet i.e. cyberbullying and equip students to become advocates against cyberbullying by building awareness about this problem, an Online Webinar – “Bully to Buddy v2.0 – No to Cyberbullying” was conducted on 27th February, 2021 in collaboration with Fortis Healthcare. The areas/topics covered in the webinar were:
1. Understanding Cyberbullying: What, why and who?
2. Unique concerns to cyberbullying
3. Information about the 360 degree impacts of cyberbullying
4. Empowering the youth using the ABCDE approach. This is a comprehensive look at encouraging the youth to advocate against cyberbullying, become upstanders who offer support, critically evaluate media messages, understand the sensitivity in use of language and collectively engage in positive use of social media.
5. Role of individuals, from digital detoxing to being a positive role model.
The resource person was Ms. Nishtha Bakshi, an Expressive Arts Based Therapist and Counselling Psychologist at Fortis Healthcare.
The entire program was coordinated by Divanshi Agarwal, Laila Banerjee and Tamana Goel of Pre Sc.